Paul Harrison is the founder and creator of MOBIvation.com. Paul is a London based South African Stock Market Trader, Trainer and Entrepreneur who focuses on developing multiple streams of passive income and helping aspiring entrepreneurs to escape the 9-5 and build their own streams of passive income.
Paul arrived in the UK in 1998 with £400 and a place to stay for 5 nights. Lacking any university qualifications or London corporate experience, he went back to the work he had done in South Africa, working London’s construction sites and night clubs.
It was a major goal for Paul to get a job where he could wear a suit, for a few reasons but with no qualifications, London contacts in the City or work experience, he then managed to endure 2.5 years and more than 3000 job rejections before finally getting a temporary position as a filing boy for the global brokerage, Alexander Forbes. 6 months later he had worked his way into the position as a PI Broker, placing millions of pounds into the UK Markets.
For his 30th birthday, Paul flew back to SA to celebrate with his family. His brother, Jamie gave him Robert Kiyosaki’s book “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” which turned out to be life changing. Reading this book completely changed Paul’s outlook on life, wealth creation and contribution to society.
Looking for other avenues for generating incomes, Paul then went out in search of learning to trade the stock market. Taking 2 years to get any degree of consistency in trading, Paul then started looking to leave the 9-5 job and start building other businesses.
Currently Paul trades a private portfolio on the US stock market, has trained thousands of people across Europe to trade, lectures at universities on business and innovation and has taken MOBIvation into multiple niches and various languages.
Paul is always looking for new aspiring entrepreneurs to help to get out of their 9-5 and be able to create new streams of passive income.
10 little known facts about Paul Harrison
- Terrified of clowns and baboons
- His middle name is “Crispin” (not a type-o)
- Is left handed (like polar bears – apparently?!)
- Could spell “F.E.E.F.E.E.” with his high school results (6 subjects studied)
- Did not manage to get into University
- Reading “Rich Dad, Poor Dad”, a life defining book, was only the 3rd book he had read – second only to two set work books in high school English class – both written by Shakespeare and neither of them were understood!
- MC’ed for one of South Africa’s favourite comedians, Barry Hilton
- Worked in the nightclub and bar industry for the first 6 years of being in the UK
- He was on the train behind the train that had a bomb detonated on it during the 7/7 Bombings in London
- Worst job ever held was mowing lawns in grave yards ….. at night.